Keep these quotes handy if your day gets stressful or you just need a short break to be more mindful:
- “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “Learn how to exhale, the inhale will take care of itself.” —Carla Melucci Ardito
- “When the breath is unsteady, all is unsteady; when the breath is still; all is still. Control the breath carefully. Inhalation gives strength and a controlled body; retention gives steadiness of mind and longevity; exhalation purifies body and spirit.” —Goraksasathakam
- “The ability to breathe is a gift. Wake up grateful each day for that gift.” —Johnny Lung
- “Conscious breathing heightens awareness and deepens relaxation.” —Dan Brule
- “Deep breathing brings deep thinking and shallow breathing brings shallow thinking.” —Elsie Lincoln Benedict
- “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” —Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Breathing control gives man strength, vitality, inspiration, and magic powers.” —Zhuangzi
- “Breathe. It’s only a bad day, not a bad life.” —Ashley Purdy
- “When you own your breath, nobody can steal your peace.” —Unknown
- “Breath is the bridge which connects life to consciousness, which unites your body to your thoughts.” —Thich Nhat Hanh
- “As you breathe in, cherish yourself. As you breathe out, cherish all Beings.” —Dalai Lama
- “Bliss begins with the breath. We breathe in and accept all that is new. We breathe out, and release all that has passed.” – Sara Wiseman
- “When the breath wanders the mind is unsteady, but when the breath is calmed, the mind too will be still.”—Hatha Yoga Pradipika, 500-year-old yogic text
- “One conscious breath in and out is meditation.” —Eckhart Tolle
- “You cannot breathe deeply and worry at the same time. Breathe. Let worry go. Breathe. Allow love and intuition in.” —Sonia Choquette
- “Breath is life. We should pay as much attention to it as any other aspect of beingness.” —Swami Nostradamus Virato
- “I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart: I am, I am, I am.” —Sylvia Plath
- “Regulate the breathing, and thereby control the mind.” —B.K.S. Iyengar
- “Remember, as long as you are breathing it’s never too late to start a new beginning.” —Author Unknown
Have a quote you like? Let us know, we’ll add it to our list...
PEP Buddy: Better Breathing, Backed by Science
PEP Buddy is a simple, portable, clinically proven medical device that reduces breathlessness so you can increase your activity level. PEP Buddy can also help to prevent significant declines in blood oxygen levels during activity.
Learn more about easing your shortness of breath with PEP Buddy today.
This blog is for educational purposes only; talk to your provider to understand recommendations specific to you.